- Race Date: Friday, November 11, 2022
- Race Location: Nissan Stadium - 1 Titans Way, Nashville, TN 37213
- Race Start Time: 9:00 AM
EVENT DAY PARKING
- All registered marchers will park in lots C & D at Nissan Stadium.
- Any gear you bring for the staging area can be carried or wheeled in from the parking lot to the staging area located on the stadium's south side.
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Packet-pick-up and Registration opens
- 9:00 AM - Ruck Start
- 11:00 AM - Food Trucks Open
- 12:00 PM - Concert Begins (artist line-up TBA)
- 1:00 PM - Awards for Competitive Ruck
- 2:00 PM - Event Concludes
GEAR (COMPETITIVE MARCHERS)
- If you are registered for the solo or relay ruck teams you are required to carry a minimum of 25-pounds.
- Marchers may wear a backpack or rucksack.
- Packs, vests, and weight are not provided. Marchers are responsible for bringing their own pack or weighted vest.
- Anyone signed up for the honorary does not need to wear a pack or weight.
Check-in and Packet pickup are located on the stadium's north side, just outside the Ruck Staging Area.
You must check in together if you are registered as a team member.
- Each team and solo marcher will be given one lap card. Do not lose this card, no card, lap count. Honorary marchers do not receive lap cards.
- You will be given two bibs. One designates you as a competitor in the ruck march and MUST be worn at all times. The other is a Memorial bib containing the name of a fallen service member to honor during your ruck. We will have blanks for anyone wishing to write their own Fallen Hero Memorial Bib.
- Nissan security will be checking your packs. You will need to have your pack searched and tagged before the event. You will not be allowed inside the stadium if your pack is not tagged. Only participants will be allowed in the staging/transition area.
T-SHIRT PICKUP & PURCHASE
- If you pre-ordered a t-shirt, you can pick it up at a table located near the racer check-in.
- We will have a limited number of shirts available for sale on race day.
RUCK STAGING AREA – PACK IN, PACK OUT!
Where tailgating meets the ruck march!
- The staging area is where you’ll come to grab whatever you need, tag off to your relay partner, hang out, rehydrate, and rest.
- You are welcome to bring a team tent and chairs. You are highly encouraged to bring your own coolers and snacks, as limited supplies will be available.
- You are highly encouraged to bring/carry water and whatever substance you feel is needed to nourish you during the ruck. You can either keep this in your pack or inside the staging/transition area.
- Each Rucker is responsible for ensuring they have what’s needed to nourish and hydrate themselves.
RUCK LAP CARDS & KEEPING IT HONEST
- You have three hours to complete as many laps as possible during the allotted time.
- You will enter and exit the ruck staging area before and after each lap.
- Each team (and solo marcher) will be provided one lap card.
- The Rucker who is on the course must carry this card with them at all times while on the course.
- If you complete a lap and do not have your card or your team's card, that lap will not count. No card = No lap!
- Teams can ruck together or can participate relay style. If you choose to participate in relay style, you must remember to hand off your lap card. Again, if you don’t hand off your lap card to your relay partner, their lap will not count.
- If time expires while you are on course, that lap does not count.
- Each lap is roughly 2.5 miles.
- The distance differs based on your choice to take the ramp or the stairs to the pedestrian bridge.
- The turnaround is halfway across the pedestrian bridge.
- The course will be marked to stay right at all times. As you are rucking out and back, please be sure to remain on the right-hand side.
1. Start at the “Ruck Staging” area within Nissan Stadium.
2. Enter the west concourse using the south entrance.
3. Follow the west concourse to the northwest corner to access the entrance ramp.
4. Go up the ramp to the highest level to access the 300-level concourse.
5. Follow the 300-level concourse across the west side of Nissan stadium to the southwest corner.
6. Go down the ramp to the ground level and exit Nissan Stadium using Gate 7.
7. Follow route signage to cross Victory Lane and enter South 1st Street.
8. Turn right onto Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, heading west
9. Follow signs to the halfway point and turn around.
10. Head east on Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge towards South 1st Street.
11. Turn left onto South 1st Street towards Victory Lane.
12. Cross Victory Lane and turn right into the Ruck Entrance for a bag weight check, lap count, and relay handoff (if applicable).
13. End at “Ruck Staging Area” within Nissan Stadium.
- Water will be provided inside Nissan Stadium.
- Please help us keep the stadium, stadium grounds, and pedestrian bridge clean. Do NOT throw your bottle down outside of the water station area. You must pack out what you pack in.
FAMILY, PETS & PARTY
- This event is open and free to the public. Please feel free to invite them to join you.
- Only registered ruck participants will be allowed inside the ruck staging area and Nissan stadium.
- In lot K, the vendors and Veteran resources, music, and food are located. This is a free event and open to the public. Please bring your wallets and keep them on you if you plan to make any purchases.
Please note: All divisions are open to all ages and genders
- Competitive Solo Ruck
- Competitive 2-person Relay Team
- Competitive 4+ person Relay Team
- Honorary - No weight, no lap card, no awards, all fun!
Awards are based on the number of completed laps within a three-hour time period.
- All lap cards will be collected at the end of the three-hour course time. No lap card, no laps, no exceptions.
- The solo Rucker with the largest number of completed laps wins (There will not be different categories for age or gender)
- The 2-person and 4-person teams with the most laps accumulated will win their respective divisions.
- We will run rain or shine.
- This time of year, the temperature can be hit or miss. Please come prepared with layers in case it's chilly before the race starts.
- Indoor restrooms are located inside of Nissan Stadium concourse. These bathrooms are accessible to ruck participants ONLY.
- There are porta-bathrooms onsite for friends and family members and for your use after the ruck competition.
WALL OF GRATITUDE
At the Memories of Honor tent, we will have our Wall of Gratitude, where you can write a note to your hero's family on your Fallen Hero Memorial Bib. These will be placed on the wall and later mailed to each family member.
- I'm a civilian; what the heck is a RUCK March? Put simply; it’s a walk, hike, jog with a pack loaded with gear, much like our military does during training and battle.
- Ummm... What is a time trial relay? It’s a race against the clock. You have 3-hours to complete as many laps as possible. One person from your team is out doing a lap while the other is in transition waiting for their turn to ruck a lap. You do NOT have to trade off lap for lap. One team member can do multiple laps while the other rests. Your team will only be counted for fully completed laps.
- How are laps tracked? We will have a count-down timer running. Each team is given one check-point punch card. Each time a time member completes a lap and their pack clears the weight test, the card will be punched and the next lap can begin. If a team loses its punch card. They may still continue the event, but their laps will not count towards the overall winner.
- How long is the event? You and your team-mate have 3 hours to complete as many laps as you can. ONLY completed laps count towards your lap count. So, if the three hours expire while you are out completing a lap, that lap won’t count -- only the previous laps will count.
- What if I can’t do all three hours can I drop out? Yes, you can stop at any time; however, you will only be counted for the number of laps you and or your team completed. If you are dropping out and going home, please let us know.
- What if I have to drop out, but my partner wants to keep going? Yes, but each team member must complete at least one lap each.
- Can I do the event solo, or must I be part of a 2-person relay team? Individual ruckers are welcome.
- I’m slow, can I still do the event or will I be out of place? Everyone and every pace is welcome.
- What’s the course like? It’s amazing…! We are offering you a very unique and one-of-a-kind experience located at the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nissan Stadium, you will ruck a portion of the stadium along with the pedestrian bridge. See the map on the main page.
- Are the teams broken up into age groups or genders? No, everyone is playing on equal ground. Teams can be made up of any gender or age group.
- How long is the course? The lap length is a surprise!!!
- Can I wear Headphones? Yes, but you must remove them, or, at the very least, remove one earbud when you are coming through the check-point.
- Can I register for the event on race day? Yes.
- Can both team members be out on the ruck course at the same time? One person must be the designated Rucker - per lap. However, if the other team member wants to make the loop with the designated rucker, they can. Please NOTE: that loop will still ONLY count as one lap for the team.
- Can I/we set up our own rest area in the start/finish/transition area? Yes, you are welcome to set up an area inside our designated transition area.
- Can I bring my dog with me or out on the course? No. Nissan stadium does not allow dogs on the premises or inside of the stadium. However, ADA service animals are welcome anywhere. No other animals allowed, no exceptions.
- Will the RUCK be canceled if it rains? Nope, we are a go rain or shine!
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.